Grappa Miniature Gift Set 5 x 50ml
This beautiful box of grappa miniatures is an intriguing gift for lovers of Italian wine. Containing five mini bottles of extremely characterful grappa, each one made using grapes more commonly associated with fine wine, you'll discover:
- Grappa di Brunello – a clear and floral grappa created using the red grape Sangiovese;
- Grappa di Moscato – crafted from grapes usually destined for the highly aromatic Moscato d’Asti;
- Grappa di Gewürztraminer – a grappa with all the pear, lychee, elderflower and rose notes associated with this grape;
- Grappa di Moscato 5 Year Old – aged for five years in oak imparting quince, almond, vanilla, oak and spice; and
- Grappa di Amarone – packed with nutty, balsamic and herbal notes, this oak-aged expression comes from grapes used in Italy’s richest red wine.
Paolo Marolo is the inspired orchestrator of grappa distillation, arranging harmonies of aroma and flavour through a sensitive balancing of technique and passion. Using his nose, his hands and his palate, he creates elegant variations on the theme of grappa, ensuring that each bottling, from each year's harvests of grapes from various renowned wine regions of Italy, is original and unique.
Marolo's distillery is not automated, and so he attentively surveys every phase of the distillation process, his meticulous craftsmanship adapting knowingly to the various characteristics of the pomaces that are used. The results bear witness to Paolo Marolo's comprehension of the workings of nature, and to his ability, through the skilful creation of these fine spirits, to bring out the personalities of the grapes in their fullest expression. A unique and collectable release.
SKU No.: 3157259
Style No.: 783666
Help & Advice
Find out the delivery options for this item.
We offer a free returns service using your Returns Note provided in your parcel or alternatively return in person to your nearest store.Find out more
If you're suffering from a sartorial block or need a hand hunting down something extra special, we're here to help.