Grand Vin Pauillac 2016
You have stumbled upon perfection…
Château Mouton-Rothschild is the most glitzy of the First Growths and the only wine to have ever been upgraded in the 1855 Bordeaux Classification. According to Wine Advocate: “Mouton is unashamedly gregarious, flamboyant and melodramatic… a splash of colour in what can be a monochromatic region.” But the 2016 takes it to a whole new level, as demonstrated by the perfect scores across the board:
- 100 points, “Powerful, profound wine.” – Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW, Wine Advocate
- 100 points, “Racking my brains to think of another Mouton Rothschild that I have tasted over the last 20 years that was as good as this, I simply cannot come up with one.” – Neal Martin, Vinous
- 100 points, “A towering, thrilling wine.” – Antonio Galloni, Vinous
- 100 points, “One of the most powerful Moutons ever for me.” – James Suckling
- 100 points, “A truly profound, magical, blockbuster wine in every sense.” – Jeb Dunnuck
We could tell you how this 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 1% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot created by Philippe Dhalluin and his team tastes, but it would be hard to do it justice. It’s monumental, life-changing stuff that has to be tasted to be believed. Don’t miss out.
Mouton Rothschild’s labels change each year. 2016’s was created by sculptor, painter, video artist and stage director, William Kentridge. Born in Johannesburg, he is – rather shockingly – the first internationally renowned artist from the continent of Africa to illustrate a Mouton label. His work is called ‘The Triumphs of Bacchus’ (Bacchus being the god of wine), and that’s exactly what all the bottles of Château Mouton-Rothschild 2016 are.
£132.67 per 100.00ml
SKU No.: 3149830
Style No.: 781619
Help & Advice
Find out the delivery options for this item.
Returns couldn't be easier.Find out more
If you're suffering from a sartorial block or need a hand hunting down something extra special, we're here to help.