Gastronome Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut Vintage Champagne 2016 - Pierre Gimonnet & Fils

Pierre Gimonnet & Fils

Gastronome Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut Vintage Champagne 2016

£44.20

£52.00

94 points, “A compelling mix of dried herbs, lemon confit, marzipan, dried flowers and earthy tones. Rich and creamy, with tons of persistence, the 2016 has so much to offer.” – Antonio Galloni’s Vinous Media

94 points, “The youthful and mature elements, plus the citrusy freshness and creaminess from lees contact are beautifully interwoven to create an elegant and properly dry whole. Complex candied-citrus, fresh-nut and chalky flavours at the long, complete finish.” – James Suckling

First created in 1947 specifically for restaurants to serve alongside food, Gastranome is a Premier Cru Vintage Champagne crafted to have a finer bubble, a creamier texture and a palate refreshing dryness. Now that we are all cooking far superior food in our own kitchens, Pierre Gimonnet has made it available to take home and enjoy.

Pierre Gimonnet & Fils Gastronome Blanc de Blancs 2016 is labelled as a Premier Cru, but in reality, it’s so much more because 70% of the Chardonnay grapes that go into it come from Grand Cru sites in Chouilly, Cramant and Oger. The remaining 30% come from the much-loved Cuis Premier Cru. The Champagne expert Richard Juhlin says that Pierre Gimonnet “creates very well-made, low-priced Blancs de Blancs.” So, those looking for Grower Champagne that offers excellent value for money need look no further than this. Aged for over 36 months on the lees and allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation – the process that turns turn tart malic acid into creamier lactic acid – this is an incredible aperitif, but it really blossoms with a meal. Lemon curd, almond croissants, creamy macadamia nuts, floral honey, nectarine yoghurt, green apple, chalk and a pinch of smoked sea salt. The electric energy of this Champagne will elevate any dish it’s served alongside and add a buzz to any dinner party. It’s time to get gastronomic!

Pierre Gimonnet – now run by the sons Didier and Olivier – creates lean and focused Grower Champagne. Absolute masters of the Chardonnay grape, their dazzling wines are the choice of true oenophiles.



£6.93 per 100.00ml

SKU No.: 3447706

Style No.: 880844

Country: France
Region: Champagne
Grapes: Chardonnay
Closure: Cork
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 12.5%
Volume: 750ml
Allergens: Sulphites

Help & Advice

Delivery

Find out the delivery options for this item.

Returns

Returns couldn't be easier.

Find out more

Contact

If you're suffering from a sartorial block or need a hand hunting down something extra special, we're here to help.