Cristal Champagne 2012
Louis Roederer Cristal Brut 2012 is the first in a new era for the great Champagne house. And the critics love it…
- 98 points, “Seamless and quite silky texture with effortless length and flow.” – James Suckling
- 98 points, “The 2012 Cristal is another absolutely stellar wine… Rich, vinous and beautifully textured, the 2012 has been nothing short of magnificent on the three occasions I have tasted it so far.” – Antonio Galloni
- 98 points, “The future is now here!” – John Gilman
- 97+ points, “Chef de Caves Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon has once again excelled himself.” – Wine Advocate
- 19 points, “Rich and ripe, like 2002… Gorgeous and seductive. Complex and embroidered… The next chapter – all viticulture.” – Jancis Robinson
A seminal Champagne whatever the vintage, however, this is truly something special, as this is the first Cristal to have been created using entirely organic and biodynamic fruit. World-renowned Champagne critic Richard Juhlin says of Cristal: “Every vintage is stunning. Buy all the Roederer wines you come across.” None more so than this very special vintage.
Established in 1776, Louis Roederer is one of the few remaining independent, family-owned Champagne houses. By 1876 the House had achieved such a reputation for quality that the second Louis Roederer was asked by Tsar Alexander II to create a new Champagne, Cristal, for the exclusive use of the Russian Tsars. Made exclusively from the best grapes of Louis Roederer’s own vineyards, which are all now biodynamically farmed and certified by Demeter. It's a blend of 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay, of which 32% has been vinified in oak (significantly higher than normal), further boosting the full, round body and texture that is characteristic for the House style. As usual, this is something akin to sparkling Grand Cru Burgundy, expect a wine full of energy, warm brioche, zingy lemon, toasted almonds, apple crumble, crisp pear, orange zest, forest floor, crunchy peach, a touch of something tropical and a racy grapefruit finish. Pair with lobster, smoked salmon, white truffles and the most decadent of risottos, or pop it in the cellar as this will age for years.
£32 per 100.00ml
SKU No.: 3219513
Style No.: 803475
Help & Advice
Find out the delivery options for this item.
Returns couldn't be easier.Find out more
If you're suffering from a sartorial block or need a hand hunting down something extra special, we're here to help.