Shavata Power Brows
Read the top tips from the go-to-guru for brow grooming
Any beauty expert will tell you about the impact of well-defined eyebrows. Adding structure to your face, accentuating your cheekbones, and giving an all-round well groomed look, power brows can totally transform your look.
Whether you covet the perfect arch of Megan Fox or the bushy beauty of Cara Delevingne, Shavata Brow Studio can help. The brain behind the brand, Shavata Singh, shares her top tips as a grooming guru on how to create the perfect pair:
1. Always get your eyebrows professionally done, even if this is only once a year. This will give you an idea of what they should look like and with regular maintenance they will remain perfectly shaped.
2. Once you have the brows you love, tend to them on a daily basis; it is a lot easier to tweeze one or two stray hairs every day than too many at the end of the week.
3. No two eyebrows are ever identical; so don’t even attempt to get them the same as you will end up plucking to nothing. They say eyebrows are sisters not twins.
4. When shaping your eyebrows always pluck after a hot shower and in natural daylight.
5. When tweezing, always sit in front of a large mirror with a magnified mirror in your hand. This gives you an over-all view and the hand mirror helps with detail. Move from mirror to mirror.
6. Always tweeze both eyebrows together taking a few hairs of each at a time. It is a lot easier than trying to do one brow and then the other.
7. When shaping there are a few rules to follow; eyebrows should start before the eye (nose side) and not after. Try to keep the shape even – there is nothing worse than a tadpole sitting on top of your eyes!
8. Good quality tools are essential to achieve a professional finish.
9. Always use an aftercare product to help reduce redness and to calm the newly tweezed area.
10. If you decide to have your brows professionally shaped and don’t know where to go, always ask someone whose eyebrows you like. Also check that your therapist has great looking brows too!