Good vibrations from Harvey Nichols
How we’re giving back during these uncertain times.
The world is slowly re-emerging after almost 3 months of lockdown, during which time our lives became almost entirely virtual. We are now very excited about the prospect of welcoming back our customers into our physical stores. We are taking a safety-first approach and re-opening these gradually over the Summer, so that our colleagues and customers can feel safe and comfortable when they visit us.
We know that community has become even more important these past few months and in this new world, we believe that a little bit of giving goes a long way. We thought that you would be interested in hearing how we have supported our local communities up and down the UK in these uncertain times. This has included donations of essential items, beauty packages and preparation of meals for vulnerable groups.
HOW OUR TEAMS ARE HELPING:
- Donations to the Kensington & Chelsea Foundation which created food parcels for the elderly, isolated or vulnerable.
- Provision of food and drinks for the Emergency services and critical workers.
- Donations to St. Columba’s Hospice and Community One Stop Shop Broomhouse Food Bank.
- Distributions to front line workers and vulnerable people via the Dundrum Community Garda Team.
- Donations to Baghill House, part of the Yorkshire NHS Foundation Trust, which distributes food packages to those who would normally rely on food banks.
- Donations to Alder Hey Children’s hospital, Dr Kershaw’s Hospice, Whiston Hospital, Royal Blackburn Hospital, First Drop Off Mersey Care and Wood Court sheltered accommodation.
- Donations to Feedo Needo, a food bank for the homeless as well as to the Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust for staff and patients.
OXO TOWER RESTAURANT
- Food donations to City Harvest and the Catford Fridge which distribute to local food banks.
- In addition to the above, we put together pamper packages for front-line workers in need of some extra TLC. All major hospitals located near our stores across the UK have received a bundle of beauty gifts to show our gratitude.
- The OXO Restaurant has since fired its kitchens back up, and with our volunteer chefs, collaborated with a number of charities to produce meals for vulnerable people impacted by the economic upheaval of the pandemic.
Thank you to all of our volunteers that supported the above activities.
OVER TO YOU…
We recently launched the OXO BOX – delivering the OXO Tower Restaurant’s beautiful quality food and drink to Londoners, while at the same time supporting our diverse supplier base. You can order yours here.
Customers can also donate an OXO BOX to NHS workers, which we have distributed to different NHS including the Covid-19 testing clinic at Kings College Hospital much to everyone’s delight!