Our Guide To City Break OutfitsOur selection of holiday outfits has you covered with summery pieces for any occasion.
We’ve all been there: you have one carry-on to cram all of your outfits into and that’s before you’ve even considered accessories and footwear. Photos of past trips reveal some questionable combinations with squinting eyes due to forgotten sunglasses. Well, fear not – our guide to city break outfits has got you covered. Whether you’re staying on home turf or taking a quick break abroad, compromising on your style whilst holidaying is a thing of the past.
If you’re planning on seeing all that your city has to offer, making sure your outfit is both stylish and practical is key. You’ll most likely be taking a snap or two whilst you’re there, so planning your ensemble beforehand will keep you looking photo ready.
City breaks call for outfits with an extra level of chicness and a summer co-ord will do the hard work for you. A simple two-piece is a fashion-forward choice and can be mixed and matched with other items in your wardrobe – a real win-win! For those feeling brave, pack a pair of sandals that are both functional and fashionable. Prefer to go hands-free? Top off your look with a cross-body bag for the ultimate on-the-go get-up.
FINE DINING OUTFITS
If you’re a foodie or simply enjoy the finer things in life, dressing up for your meal will make the occasion that tiny bit more delicious. Our suggestions below will have you looking just as good as your eats – you can thank us later.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: every woman needs a little black dress in her wardrobe. Timeless, versatile and always on-trend, the LBD is perfect for any world-class eatery and can see you through a whole evening of indulgence. Combine with statement jewellery and a bold lipstick for an iconic statement look, and be sure to have a designer clutch in tow for that perfect finishing touch.
Just because you’re in the city doesn’t mean you can’t dress for the beach – or the pool, at least! If you’re lucky enough to be residing in a hotel with a pool or have the opportunity to take a dip nearby, your outfit needs to be on-point. To keep items to a minimum, pack one or two of your favourite swimwear pieces and don’t forget to accessorise – remember, less is more.
Whether you’re taking a dip or topping up your tan, a city break calls for an element of glamour. Think high-leg swimsuits paired with oversized sunglasses and a statement sun hat. Choosing a piece that compliments other pieces in your holiday wardrobe will also allow you to wear swimwear as outerwear, if you feel inspired to do so.
9 CITY BREAK OUTFIT ESSENTIALS
If you’re still feeling the pre-packing fear ahead of your travels, don’t fret. Below are nine essential items we recommend for every city break.
1. Sunglasses – You don’t want to be caught off guard on sunny days, so make sure your eyewear game is on point. Opt for classic aviators for fool-proof accessorising.
2. Trainers – Whether you’re visiting museums or going for a low-key lunch, nothing beats a pair of timeless trainers for comfort and style.
3. Shorts – If you’re travelling to warmer climes, you want to keep things cool and comfortable. Packing a pair of designer shorts will have you covered.
4. Sandals – Again, if you’re lucky enough to be sunning it up on your travels, you’ll need to dress for the weather and a pair of sandals will be your best friend.
5. Cross-body bag – No one wants to be dropping their Americano as they board the metro, do they? Keep things easy and hands-free with this lifesaver.
6. White shirt – Timeless and perfect for dressing up or down, every traveller should go equipped with this wardrobe staple. Go oversized for a poolside coverup, too!
7. Blazer – Great for smart-casual evenings or an extra layer when exploring your surroundings, you can’t go wrong with a blazer. Choose a hue that complements the rest of your wardrobe for an element of mix and match.
8. Tote bag – Perfect for picking up some local delicacies, a large tote bag will provide enough room to store an array of goodies to keep you going on the move.
9. Hat – From oversized straw pieces to a sleek baseball cap, packing a hat for your city break will allow your outfit to be topped off in style.
Planning your next trip? Be sure to visit our Holiday Shop to make sure your suitcase is packing some serious style.