FOURSQUARE RUM DISTILLERY The Foursquare Experience Rum Box
Due to high demand for some of the components of this gift box it will be limited to one per customer while stocks last.
No rum collection should be without Foursquare. Based in the birthplace of the spirit Barbados it is “the world’s best rum distillery” according to The Telegraph newspaper and the five-time consecutive winner of the International Spirits Challenge’s “Rum Producer of the Year”. Their Exceptional Cask Series rums have become such collector’s items that sometimes the quality of the rest of the range is overlooked. So we’ve compiled the ultimate introduction to Foursquare in a box containing six bottles of Master Distiller Richard Seale’s finest. We’ve also added some Angostura Bitters from across the Caribbean Sea in Trinidad and Tobago so that you can start mixing up some wonderful cocktails.
- Foursquare Indelible 11 Year Old Single Blended Rum 700ml 48% – Best sipped neat or over a ball of ice.
- Doorly’s 3 Year Old Overproof White Rum 700ml 47% – Stunning in a Daiquiri (60ml Doorly’s 3 Year Old 25ml Velvet Falernum 25ml fresh lime juice and three dashes of Angostura Orange Bitters shake with ice and serve in a frozen coupe or Nick & Nora glass).
- Doorly’s XO Rum 700ml 40% – Mixed into a Corn ‘n’ Oil see recipe below.
- Crisma Barbados Rum Cream Liqueur 700ml 17% – Sip this with dessert or use it to create a luxury Bajan Coffee (150ml freshly brewed coffee 50ml Crisma three splashes of Angostura Cocoa Bitters all gently stirred together use Velvet Falernum to sweeten if required).
- Foursquare Spiced Rum 700ml 35% – Amazing in a Rum & Coke.
- John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum 700ml 11% – Use as a tropical alternative to sugar syrup imparting exotic notes to any cocktail.
- Angostura Bitters Miniature 3.7ml 44.7%
- Angostura Orange Bitters Miniature 3.7ml 28%
- Angostura Cocoa Bitters Miniature 3.7ml 48%
Peter Holland is a legend in the rum industry. While working as a mechanical engineer he set up the website TheFloatingRumShack.com in 2009 as a hobby and has rapidly become one of the rum world’s leading experts and commentators. Between hosting rum festivals consulting judging for the IWSC being a thoroughly nice bloke and drinking lots of rum he is also an ambassador for Foursquare Distillery ATOM Brands and That Boutique-y Rum Company. We asked Peter Holland for the perfect Corn ‘n’ Oil cocktail recipe to make with this gift back and he said:
“So here in the UK many folks ease back on the Velvet Falernum in their Corn ‘n’ Oil. By the time they’ve added a tiny bit and then added bitters and often lime you end up with something a bit like an Old Fashioned and not really much like a Corn ‘n’ Oil. Equally in my experience people in Barbados ratchet up the amount of Velvet Falernum to equal parts and hold the bitters. This is probably too sweet for me but shows that this is cocktail that is best fine-tuned to suit your own taste. My preference these days is to run with two parts rum to one part Velvet Falernum. But I do tend to add a couple of dashes of bitters…
- 60ml Doorly’s XO Rum
- 30ml John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
- 2 or 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
Build in a double rocks glass over cubed ice and stir to combine. No need to garnish but a wedge of lime won't offend right?”
SKU No.: 3498087
Style No.: 895246
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 33%